In Which Mishma Talks About Her Experience as a Panelist at BEA! // Summer Blog Promo Tour

Hello everyone and welcome to the first post of 2016's Summer Blogger Promo Tour! Hosted by the lovely ladies at the Book Bratz , t...

Hello everyone and welcome to the first post of 2016's Summer Blogger Promo Tour! Hosted by the lovely ladies at the Book Bratz, this tour is to bring bloggers together and get a chance to feature each other on our blogs. Today, I have Mishma at Chasing Faerytales talking about some things she enjoyed at BEA! I hope everyone enjoys the guest posts to come and enjoys and finds themselves some new blogs!

Hi bookworms! I am Mish, and it's nice to meet you all! I am so excited be here at Next Page Please Kaitlin is one of my favourite bloggers ever - and today, I am invited to talk about my experience at BEA this year, so let's move on to my adventure stories about Book Expo America 2016!

Since I've already shared thousand and one recaps about my experience there, today, I'd like to list down the things I loved most about going to BEA!

Flying to USA

In case you didn't know, I am from Sri Lanka! So it was quite an adventure to be flying all the way to USA. If I forget the brutal 21 hour flight from SL to US, and getting lost in the Chicago Airport to top it off, the entire experience was remarkable, and the travel enthusiast in me loved it!

Chicago

Chicago is one damn beautiful city! I wish I could have explored more, and stayed longer there, but I loved the little bit of exploring I got to do! The food was damn good, the places were gorgeous, and I had the time of my life wandering around the streets - I even got lost in the middle of the night while getting back to the hotel. *sighs* That's a story for another day!

BEA Squad

I roomed with the best groups of people imaginable!!!! It was so great to meet and hang out with these ladies, and I am glad that they put up with my craziness! (I got high on apple juice in the middle of the night. God bless these pumpkins for tolerating me!) I had an amazing time with Shannon, Nori, Val, Holly, CJ and Rashika

Meeting Bloggers

I met some of my favourite bloggers and bestest blogging buddies and it was amazing!!! I got to meet Shelly, Nicole, Ashley, Bayram, Ava, Vee, Whitley, Nikki, Sarah, Katie, Pili, Hafsah and a lot others!!! It was great to finally meet all of them in person, able to give them real hugs and talk all about books!!! ;D


Meeting Authors

BEA marked the first time that I attended a signing or met authors! It was truly amazing! I was so nervous to meet some authors, and was almost going to cry when I saw Meg Cabot! ;D My highlight meetings would be Adam Silvera, Eleanor Herman, Maggie Stiefvater, Meg Cabot, Pierce Brown, Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman and Laini Taylor!!!



Being on a panel

I was on a panel at Blogger Con! My panel was on social media presence, and it was a great experience though I was terrified and shaking! I was in the panel with Hannah, Andye and Liza and I felt so special and important during the entire thing! :D

The Books

Come on, who wouldn't be excited about all those shiny ARCs??? I tried practice self control, as I had to bring all the books back home while keeping my baggage allowance in mind, and I thought I did pretty good, by limiting my haul to 32. I got some of my most anticipated ARCs and I can't wait to dive into all of them!!!

The Overall Experience

Overall, BEA was an amazing experience to me! I even became quite popular there as the girl who came from Sri Lanka! ;D (I am not kidding, at one point, most of the publicists and authors knew me as that! ;D) I am so glad that I took the step to go this year, and I'll be definitely going next year as well!


Thank you so much Mish for talking about what you liked about your BEA experience! You can find Mish's blog here! Make sure to follow her on Twitter was well for some wonderful posts and tweets. I hope everyone enjoyed!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top