Top Ten Tuesday #14

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held over at Broke and Bookish. Each week there is a topic and we list off our top ten items based on th...

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held over at Broke and Bookish. Each week there is a topic and we list off our top ten items based on that topic.

---

Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015

Okay, when I first read this prompt, Sarah was the first author that came into my mind because she is one my favorite authors now and I have held off of Throne of Glass for soo long. I finally started reading it and I am loving it soooo much. Planning on reading Queen of Shadows this month and I am so so excited to see where the series goes! (Throne of Glass / Crown of Midnight / Heir of Fire)

Suzanne wrote the Program trilogy and that trilogy is FANTASTIC. It's so different from other dystopians I have read and she has honestly created such a fabulous and interesting world. She wrote a duology based off of a character then is currently writing prequels. I am super interested to learn more about the world she has created and how it became to what it currently is. (The Program / The Treatment / The Remedy)

3. Lynne Matson
I had really wanted to read Nil by Lynne but what had motivated me to do so this year was the fact that I was meeting her back in May. Since then, I have really enjoyed Nil and Nil Unlocked and am so glad I pushed myself to read Nil before the event. I love the concept of Nil and am excited but kind of sad to be reading the last book of the trilogy soon! (Nil / Nil Unlocked)

4. Stephanie Perkins
So many people have enjoyed Stephanie's Anna and the French Kiss Trilogy and that is me! Finally picked up Anna in March I believe and was basically ADDICTED to the series. I continued and finished the series back in July I want to say and that series is such a great contemporary series. Super excited to read more Stephanie Perkins. (Anna and the French Kiss / Lola and the Boy Next Door / Isla and the Happily Ever After)

Compulsion was a little talked about book and I honestly don't know why. I really enjoy Compulsion and Persuasion and am really glad I picked Compulsion up. Super excited to be reading the last book of the trilogy but am also kind of sad because I love Barrie and the different mystical aspects of her world. (Compulsion / Persuasion)

6. Sarah Ockler
The Summer of Chasing Mermaids was a fabulous read and I am so sad to say that I haven't gotten the chance to read her other books but I definitely plan on doing so soon. Really loved Sarah's writing and her other books sounds just as great as The Summer of Chasing Mermaids! (The Summer of Chasing Mermaids)

7. Jennifer Niven
Jennifer Niven only has one YA book out and All the Bright Places was a great book. I don't plan on reading Jennifer's adult books but the YA Jennifer wrote was beautiful and I will forever love it. Super excited to see what other YA books she has up her sleeves! (All the Bright Places)

8. Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee is a debut author but hey? She is new to me right? I found Stacey's book Under A Painted Sky so interesting not just because of the plot but also because it was a western and at the time, I hadn't read many Westerns. Also, the main character was a chinese girl dressing up to be a guy. I feel like I rarely ever read characters in YA where the main character is Chinese and the fact that Stacey had one just really made me want to read the book. (Under a Painted Sky)

Okay, so Nicola may be a debut author as well but like Stacey, she is an author that is new to me! I fully enjoyed Everything, Everything and am so excited to see what other works Nicola is going to be publishing. The plot for Everything, Everything was so unique and I am excited to see what other stories she comes up with! (Everything, Everything)

10. Julie Murphy
Side Effects May Vary has been on my TBR (and still is...) for awhile now but I got a chance to read an ARC of Dumplin and let me just say, I am telling myself I need to read Side Effects May Vary pronto! Loved Dumplin' and I am super excited to read more of Julie's works! (Dumplin')

So tell me: Have you read any of the authors I listed? And if so, what were your thoughts on their work?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top