Guest Post from Ashley at Nose Graze!

Hello everyone! Welcome to the first of few guest posts that will be going up within the next two weeks. Because I was going to slow down...

Hello everyone! Welcome to the first of few guest posts that will be going up within the next two weeks. Because I was going to slow down the blogging this month, I needed some posts to go up and guest posts was the perfect thing. Plus, I have never really done lots of guest posts from bloggers before so here is the start! Today, I have a very exciting guest, Ashley from Nose Graze! Ashley runs a blog with basically everything I would love. Book reviews and web design tips and tutorials. Yes. So today, Ashley has a post regarding books and color palettes! Perfect if you want to redesign your blog and need a color palette! 

---

Picking a good colour palette for your book blog is tricky business, so today I want to inspire you!
I've chosen 10 books that I've recently read or am hoping to read soon and created colour palettes based on the cover art. Feel free to love them, drool on them, or use them when you next redesign your blog.

1) The Martian by Andy Weir


Colour palette for The Martian by Andy Weir
The colour palette of Mars! This one has dusty, firey colours (Which is funny, because Mars is actually very cold.)
Also, this book is insanely awesome if you're into science and nerdy technical stuff like I am.
Add to Goodreads

---

2) Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch


Colour palette for Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
Speaking of fire... here's Ice Like Fire! This one has a smoky, almost cold volcanic feel to it. Is cold volcanic a thing?
Sadly when I read this one I couldn't stand Mather's chapters. Booooring.
Add to Goodreads

---

3) Passenger by Alexandra Bracken


Colour palette for Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
In the mood for cool and earthy? Passenger totally has you covered!
Also it's got a sweet romance and awesome time travelling aspect if that's your thing. Four stars from me!
Add to Goodreads

---

4) Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown


Colour palette for Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown
I adore this one! The gold and brown tones, then BAM! Sweet, powerful red. I adore that shade.
The book itself is SO MUCH FUN! Exciting, spy stuff, twists, betrayals, Europe, historical... seriously, what more could you want?
Add to Goodreads

---

5) Vicarious by Paula Stokes


Colour palette for Vicarious by Paula Stokes
Vicarious has a dark, badass, assassin kind of feel to it. Or, you know, a bumble bee. But let's stick with the badass idea instead.
I kind of have a crush on Paula Stokes. What a quality human being (and writer, duh!). Her new book sounds so incredibly awesome—I can't wait!
Add to Goodreads
---

6) Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan


Colour palette for Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan
It seems like I'm really being drawn to the orangey/red tones, huh? Maybe because those colour palettes scream ACTION and EXCITEMENT and FANTASY and I love those kinds of books!
Sword and Verse is exactly the kind of book I turn to when I'm looking for an epic fantasy. I'm looking forward to January 19th 2016!
Add to Goodreads

---

7) Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor


Colour palette for Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor
This is me swinging in the other direction. Let's get chilly!
Get your butt on over to Goodreads and read that synopsis. Scotland, secret society, time travel, blurbed by Diana Gabaldon (author of Outlander)... HELLO AMAZING.
Add to Goodreads

---

8) Very in Pieces by Megan Frazer Blakemore


Colour palette for Very in Pieces by Megan Frazer Blakemore
I love this one. I'm actually a big fan of this kind of photographic style. This one is very skin tone if you know what I mean, with some pinkish/brownish overlays.
Add to Goodreads

---

9) The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


Colour palette for The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
I've actually been meaning to read this book for ages because it sounds so fabulous! I love the colour palette as well, with the red silhouette against the very blue/green background. Super cool!
Add to Goodreads

---

10) The Devil You Know by Trish Doller


Colour palette for The Devil You Know by Trish Doller
Green with a dash of glorious pink! Love it! Have you read this one yet? What did you think?
Add to Goodreads

Which of these colour palettes is your favourite? Is there an awesome one I missed out on? Let me know!

---

Thanks everyone so much for reading! Hope you enjoyed and definitely watch out for more guest posts to follow...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top