Interview with Andrea Murray!

Hello everyone! Today I have a very exciting post for you, an interview with author of the Vivid trilogy, Andrea Murray! Really excited to...

Hello everyone! Today I have a very exciting post for you, an interview with author of the Vivid trilogy, Andrea Murray! Really excited to have her on my blog and I hope you enjoy and check out her books.

---

So your main character accidentally uses her powers at school. If that ever happened to you, how would you react?
I'm sure I would completely freak out! I don't like surprises, especially when I'm the cause, and I try not to draw a lot of attention to myself. So, I wouldn't handle it as craftily as Vivian did.

Describe your books overs in 3 words or less!
Dynamic, Exciting, Bright

What is a pieces of advice you would give to ​Vivian to help her situation if you were her best friend?
I would tell Vivian to just be herself. I know, that sounds so corny, but Vivian isn't happy until she frees herself of all that's holding her back. After she allows herself to be, well, herself she can finally move on and be happy.

Do you have any songs or playlists you like to listen to when writing?
I don't really listen to music when I write. As strange as it sounds, I watch television, usually Investigation Discovery (dubbed The Murder Channel by my kids) or some paranormal investigation show. It somehow helps me think. Music for me usually consists, unfortunately, of whatever is playing on the Kids Place Live. I never get control of the music selection.

What are some similarities between you and Vivian? What is something she would do, but you totally wouldn't?
There are a number of similarities between Vivian and me. We're both sarcastic and quirky. Since this was my first novel, I tried to "write what I know." So, I patterned her using my own personality.

I would NEVER purposely score lower on a test or assignment. Studying was my thing, and I wanted to have the highest scores on everything.

---

Andrea Murray

Andrea Murray has been teaching English for longer than she likes to admit. She’s taught everything from Freshmen Composition to Journalism. She lives in a very small town in Arkansas with her husband and two children. When she isn’t watching bad science fiction movies, she spends her time reading. In addition to The Vivid Trilogy, she has written Omni, a young-adult dystopian novel, which will soon be re-released by Booktrope Publishing.

---

Vivid 

Author: Andrea Murray
Pages: 192
Publisher: Booktrope
Release Date: December 2nd 2014
When Vivian Cartwright was five years old, she witnessed her mother’s death. Now, sixteen-year-old Vivian only wants a normal life—hard to accomplish when you possess the power to control energy. Her entire life she has feared her power and its connection to her mother’s murder. She has kept her ability a secret from everyone except her guardian, Charlotte, who has hidden Vivian from the man responsible for her mother’s murder. Her secret is safe until Vivian subconsciously defends herself at school using her power. After this first use of her gift in many years, Vivian’s power seems to take on a mind of its own, increasing in strength and demanding to be used. This increase in power also brings dreams of her mother’s death and the mysterious man connected with it. When she is assigned to tutor the would-be boyfriend of Trista Parmer (a.k.a. the biggest diva in school), Vivian cannot deny the electrifying connection that she feels for the boy, Easton Garrett. In her desire to get Easton away from Vivian, Trista doubles her efforts to humiliate Vivian, forcing Vivian to use her supernatural gift over and over. With each use, Vivian fears she is losing control and discovers her powers are growing—maybe too much—bringing her unknowingly closer to the man who murdered her mother.

So tell me: What are your thoughts on this book and do you plan on reading it?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top