Top Ten Tuesday #7

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held over at Broke and Bookish. Each week there is a topic and we list off our top ten items based on th...

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held over at Broke and Bookish. Each week there is a topic and we list off our top ten items based on that topic.

---

Freebie | Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations

Since I started this meme only about a month ago, I decided to do one of the older questions. This one seemed like a fun one so, here we go!

Top 4 Best:


1. The Hunger Games
I will forever love this whole entire franchise. It was one of my first YA books I read and I remember watching the movies for the first time and loving them. Now, the last movie is coming out soon and I feel so sad for these movies to be leaving my life. The movies were produced with such great quality and gah! Love these movies.


2. Harry Potter 
Harry Potter is also another franchise that is close to my heart; books and movies. Even if they did leave out some parts in the book, the movies were always so greatly done and I love how they were able to find a cast that was the exact age in the books. I will forever compare all movies who have cruddy off age casting to Harry Potter. If Harry Potter was able find actors close to their character's age, then why can't other movies? (COUGH DIVERGENT COUGH PERCY JACKSON)

3. If I Stay
I was super excited to find out about the If I Stay because it definitely gave me an excuse to read it. I loved If I Stay and loved the movie as well. The casting was so on point and it was so close to the book plot and event wise. It really brought the book to life and I just really enjoyed the movie adaptation. 


4. The Duff
Even though this movie is basically a completely different story from the book, it was still hilarious and such a quirky movie. I love how we still have sassy Bianca and Wesley, would is such a charmer. I really enjoyed the Duff movie and loved how even if the movie was different, both the book and movie sent out the same message: Love yourself, because everyone is the Duff

Top 3 Worst:


1. Divergent
I will forever complain about this franchise and will never top stop. The first movie was okay, I let it slide because I really hoped it would get better. Then I stopped being patient about it  when I watched the Insurgent movie. I cannot stress on how annoyed I was with the fact that they added this stupid box!i t just so messed with the plot. I really dislike the casting for this franchise and HOW DARE THEY GIVE SUCH SMALL PARTS TO URIAH, LYNN, AND MARLENE. Lynn got to mutter a few words in the movie and Marlene dies before anyone get's to know her name! *facepalm* They have made such cringe-y decisions with this franchise and I'm just not a person for change when it comes to book to movie adaptations. I hear they changed the Allegiant part 2 name and I am really questioning whether I'm going to spend money to watch Allegiant part 1 and part 2 in theaters. 

2. Percy Jackson
This movie face planted into hot cement. I watched the movies before reading the books and the movies aren't bad...That is until I read the book. The casting was off and please someone tell me why Logan Lerman is playing a 12 year old? It didn't really match the book and weren't very good movies. Glad they stopped making them and I would love a remake of the movies.

3. The Mortal Instruments
This is the least worse movie out of the three I am mentioning. The Mortal Instruments was such a sad fall because I think it was toward the ending when people started shaking their heads at movie. The casting was not bad at all but remember that part when Clary had telepathic like powers and moved around the stuff in her apartment with her hands? Yeah that got a bit weird. I am really excited for the show and based on the posts I am seeing over social media, this show is really looking good. Hopefully it is...

So tell me: What are some of your favorite/least favorite movie adaptations.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top