Top Ten Tuesday #4

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held over at Broke and Bookish. Each week there is a topic and we list off our top ten items based on th...

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held over at Broke and Bookish. Each week there is a topic and we list off our top ten items based on that topic.

---

1. Leigh Bardugo
So, if you haven't read Leigh's Grisha trilogy, I highly recommend it. I loved it so much. The plot is great, the world is super interesting, and I looooovee the characters. If she wrote a contemporary, I would definitely buy it. If she wrote a dystopian, *gets money ready.* Her new book Six of Crows- I am sure you all have heard of it- is out soon and I was so stoked to learn she was writing a new series. Love her writing and characters so definitely excited for all her future works. PLUS, it takes place in the Grisha world and we all love the Grisha world!

2. Morgan Matson
This lady, is a great contemporary writer. I love the ones she has already written and they are all such great reads. She is able to write such serious, to light fun reads and I love that. If she ever wrote outside the contemporary genre, I would definitely buy her book.

3. Jenny Han
Jenny Han is a great contemporary romance writer wish such fun plots. I haven't read her Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy but the PS I Still Love You duology is good enough for me to know that if she releases any book soon, I'm buying it and reading it!

4. Stephanie Perkins
Stephanie has the cutest contemporary books. Like the Anna and the French Kiss trilogy was such a cutest contemporary and I will remember that series for a very long time. I am very much hoping she writes more books in any genre because I know they will be awesome reads.

5. Lynne Matson
Gah! Love Lynne Matson. I met her at the Spring Fling Fierce Reads signing and she is such a sweet person. Plus her writing and books are just the best thing ever. Her debut novel, Nil, is such a great great read and I just love that trilogy. (Third and final book coming out next year!) If you're a fan on Lost, definitely check out the Nil trilogy.

6. Erin Bowman
"OMG Kaitlin you, like, mention Erin every single Top Ten Tuesday. Like please, stop." NOOOO THANK YOUUU! I love Erin's books and is such a great person. Her Taken trilogy is soooooo sosos good. Such a great trilogy and Erin has a new book out at September AND I AM SO EXCITED. It's a western, which is a type of book I have been wanting to read more of.

7. Melissa Landers
I swear, Melissa writes beautiful Sci-fi books. The Alienated duology was such a fun read with super great sci-fi planets and beautiful romance and it was all great stuff. She is coming out with a new book next year and guess what? IT'S SCI FI. *dances*

8. Marie Lu
Why do I even have to explain why Marie is an autobuy author? She wrote a fabulous dystopian trilogy and THEN is currently writing a fantasy series. I love the characters and worlds she develops because they are also so diverse and interesting. But let's not get started on the glorious writing.

9. Adi Alsaid
I am a very big fan of Adi's books. They all such great contemporaries and what I love about them is how I can always pick up a message from each book. For me, I can rarely read a book and pick up a message from it and for me to love the book and get a message from them is super important and that is a reason why I love Adi's books.

10. Stacey Lee
Even though Stacey has only one (very great) book out, I can tell she is going to be a great writer in future books. I believe she has a fantasy and contemporary out next year and guys, her debut is a Western. (Doing some MAJOR genre hop!) Super excited to see what Stacey is going to do with these books.

So tell me: Who are your auto buy authors?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top