Summer Blogger Promo Tour: Kaitlin at Reading is My Treasure

Hey everyone welcome back to the Summer Blogger Promo Tour hosted by the Book Bratz . Today, I have Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure! Yes...


Hey everyone welcome back to the Summer Blogger Promo Tour hosted by the Book Bratz. Today, I have Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure! Yes! Haha, we have the same name and spelling, surprisingly. Today, Kaitlin is going to talk about 5 fictional places she would like to go to and which one she would like to live in. Hope you guys enjoy and make sure to check Kaitlin out! :)

---

This week I am featuring Kaitlin at Reading is My Treasure!
| Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest | Tumblr |

*waves to other Kaitlin's followers* I'm so excited to be featured here on Next Page Please! Thank you to Kaitlin for hosting me.☺

It was a little tough to decide on which book locations (er, worlds really since that’s what I focused on) I would travel to. There are so many amazing ones, but I think I picked a good group! 

The Obvious Choice

Hogwarts. Diagon Alley. Hogsmeade. Butterbeer. Quidditch. Magic. Gorgeous views. Those are only a few reasons I would love to visit the world of Harry Potter. And I really don't have to explain further, do I? 

The More Realistic World

Daughter of Smoke and Bone transports you into a very rich and colorful and magical world. It's mostly set in Prague, which is the place I want to travel to (I also wouldn't mind traveling to the other places in the book). Even though the place is real, there's this otherness to it that makes it seem like a more magical version of the city. 

Let's Go Back in Time . . . Sorta

The world of Leviathan is so COOL. The series takes place during World War I, but it's set in a sci-fi/steampunk version of our world. It features Clankers (the machine side) versus Darwinists (the side with genetically modified organisms). The things Scott Westerfeld brings into the world are so creative and the illustrations by Keith Thompson are wonderful. I would LOVE to see this world in person (preferably after the war ends).

A Magykal Land


Magyk is FUN. The world has magic, cool creatures, awesome characters, and some really cool settings (such as the city the main characters are from). A visit to the world in Magyk would probably be an enjoyable one.

(Here's a map from the book in case you want to check it out. It's pretty cool.)

The Last Minute Change 


I had another world chosen, but then Incarnate popped up in my head. I don't remember much from this book, but I remember that the world was very colorful and magical feeling. (Do you see a theme in the worlds I've chosen? :D ) It would probably be fun to shop around in this book's world. 

Where would I want to live?

Definitely not Incarnate because despite my spotty recollection, I do remember things happening in it that would make me want to move as far away from the world as I could. Leviathan's world is super cool, but I would miss a lot of things from the modern world. Same goes with Magyk. These would make good vacation places.

That leaves Harry Potter and Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I would live in either world. Both are beautiful. Plus, there's indoor plumbing and other modern comforts.

Which book worlds would you want to visit?

---

Thank you everyone for reading this post and I really hope you enjoyed! Make sure you check our Kaitlin's blog and I will see you all next week for another Summer Blogger Promo Tour post! :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top