Let's Talk!: Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold by Katie Finn

Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold Author: Katie Finn Pages: 400 Published by: Feiwel & Friends Published o...

Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold

Author: Katie Finn
Pages: 400
Published by: Feiwel & Friends
Published on: May 5th 2015 
The war rages on between Gemma and Hallie in the second installment of the Broken Hearts and Revenge series. After the humiliating events on the 4th of July, Gemma's trying to handle the fact that Hallie knew who she was all along, and she was the one who stole Teddy from her. Gemma vows revenge, but things get more complicated than she planned. Ford, Gemma’s long-time crush, has arrived in the Hamptons cuter than ever. Josh is refusing to speak to her after she lied to him, and Teddy is playing champion to his beloved Marsh Warbler (in Gemma's backyard, no less). Gemma and Hallie find themselves locked in an escalating revenge cycle. Just when Gemma thinks she has the upper hand, the biggest bombshell of all is dropped. And it’s one that threatens to change her life forever. This exciting sequel to Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things To Mend will leave you begging for the third installment. 

---

This book, this trilogy! I really enjoyed this book. Katie Finn has the whole thing so carefully planned and it just amazes me how a little detail can change the whole entire book. Just ugh so cool. In my review of Broken Hearts and Fences I mentioned how Gemma seemed like she had no character but in this book I was able to find more of that from her. The plot was just fun, mischievous, and got me so pumped for the last book!

This book picks up right after Broken Hearts and Fences and we really see Gemma put her foot down in the situation she is in. I really enjoyed getting to know more about her and her qualities because in the last book, I felt a lack of that. Gemma is understanding, very smart, sneaky, and at times, bit immature for her age. However, based on the ending of this book I am hoping for some changes in that issue. I am excited to finish this trilogy and see the wonderful character development Gemma goes through because it was just for the very very best. Gemma does go through a bit of change in this book. She does something somewhere in the book and that really reflects on the person she will become. I am excited to see how this change will affect the next book.

I really enjoyed the plot. After what happened in Broken Hearts, I would understand why Gemma did what she did. It just really gave her an opportunity to get back at Hallie for what she did. (That doesn't make it okay though.) This book a huge all out war between Hallie and Gemma and it was really funny to read the things they would do to each other. I really do hope this revenge war is going to stop because two books of that is already enough. I if I were to have to go through another book of the revenge war
(Image Source)
I highly doubt there will be more of this revenge-ing war because of what happened in the end of the book. Plus, like I mentioned Gemma is hopefully goes through a change and that may very much affect the book. If anything, I hope Hallie and Gemma finally make amends and move on with life.

I mentioned that I felt as though Gemma was immature and I am here to explain my reasoning on that. *may be a bit spoilery* Not only did I feel as though Gemma was immature, Hallie came off a bit immature as well. People these days are doing "bigger" things. Teenages are really making their mark on media and they develop a fanbase and all that jazz. So when I see two 16 year olds getting into "cat fights" and buying things like dissolving bikinis and giving it to their enemy all I can do is shake my head. Like Hallie still holding a grudge for something Gemma did 5 years ago is just ridiculous. Girl, let it go already. Move on. So Hallie doing all this revenge stuff really brought out the immature side of Gemma and this immature side was really brought out during the whole entire Revenge, Ice Cream book. Like I said, I am expecting things to change in the next book and hopefully, both Hallie and Gemma will get out of their immatures personalities.

I gave this book 4 stars because even though I loved the plot and really enjoyed the characters, I had small problems with two of the characters.
Sooo many things to talk about. First, the ending which was just HOMG. I think we all knew that Gemma's dad was dating Hallie's mom (again) when Ford was able to rearrange the Brenda Keigs name. And how Hallie and Gemma will hopefully make amends because I have said this countless times, this fighting is getting tiring. Also, when Hallie's mom was telling Gemma about forgiveness and caused Gemma to forgive Hallie I was just so happy.

Just a thought: Wow, Teddy finally apologized for being an ass to Gemma. Yay.

OH BUT THEN GWEN! GWEN GWEN GWEN WHY GWEN? Uggghhhh I have a feeling we are going to take a while in forgiving her for a very selfish move she just made. This was all for stupid film are you kidding me?
(Image Source)
Honestly, sometimes I can't wrap my head around the fact that Gwen is Gemma's age, not 14, which sometimes I let myself think because of how she acts. I feel like in the next book Hallie and Gemma are going to do something to Gwen and I really don't want that because I like Gwen. I don't want to grudge against her and I don't want anything to happen to her but gah! What she did was just so bad.

Just a thought: Josh and Gwen....interesting.

Speaking of Gwen, her brother Ford is going to play a huge part in the next book. I mean he already has become such a big character but it would be fun to see his part get even bigger as-ahem-Gemma's boyfriend. I ship it! I started shipping it when Teddy was camping in Gemma's backyard and Hallie came to see him in her green dress and pixie cut. (That part was hilarious. Oh jeeze I'm so sadistic) Ford and Gemma were both pressed up against the bee hive/house thing and in that moment I was just thinking "Screw Josh, we need Gemma and Josh together now." And then Gemma finally realizes that Ford's algorithm abbreviation is "GEMMA" and she starts that realization process and I'm here reading it like
(Image Source)
But they probably won't get together until the end of the book so...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top