Class of July 2014 Book Bloggers' Anniversary Bash

Hello everyone! Welcome to the Class of July 2014 Anniversary Bash Blog Hop, hosted by Erin @ The Hardcover Lover. This blog hop is where ...

Hello everyone! Welcome to the Class of July 2014 Anniversary Bash Blog Hop, hosted by Erin @ The Hardcover Lover. This blog hop is where a group of bloggers who started their blog July of last year come together and celebrate. Yes, I know I did already do my blogoversary post so I am going to give you guys a list of things that you need to know before you start book blogging.

Check out the other members of this blog hop:

Erin @ The Hardcover Lover
Lauren @ Bookmark Lit
Tika @ fANGIRL Confessions
Amber @ YA Indulgences
Eileen @ BookCatPin
Sheridan @ I Turn the Pages
Kaitlin @ Next Page Please
Talina @ Sassy and Dangerous
Nori @ ReadWriteLove28

---

1. Going through a platform change is hard
If you didn't know, I went though 3 platform changes. Weebly to Wordpress to Blogger. It was pretty hard on my stats, posts, moving everything, and readers. When I moved to Wordpress, I didn't have that many readers so it didn't matter much. But from Wordpress to Blogger, I actually had Bloglovin followers and readers and my posts wouldn't transfer. It was just a mess at one point. Plus, I was just getting to know Blogger. But, it's all good because I am loving my time here!

2. ARCs are not everything
Okay, this is something every blogger will tell you. ARCs are really not what book blogging is about. If anything, I would suggest you not to pay too much attention to ARCs until you have really built up an audience. ARCs can motivate you to do things with your blog but one thing you want to avoid with them is jealousy. We all get jealous, whether it's big or small things but getting jealous over ARCs should not be something you ever go through. If you ever do find yourself in that position and are jealous of someone who has an ARC you really want, just remember the actual book is going to come out soon so it's not like you don't get to read it. Eventually you will.

3. NetGalley and Edelweiss
Continuing our chat with ARCs, the easiest way to get ARCs is through these two sites, NetGalley and Edelweiss. These are sites are ways for publishers to give booksellers, media, all those people ARCs but they are digital. These are called eARCs. For international bloggers, I'm assuming they use these sites a lot because of the fact that it takes no money to send digital ARCs to people. I use these two sites a lot because it's easier for me to get ARCs and more convenient for publishers. All you do is fill in some information, request the book you are interested in, and wait for your approval. Then you download the file onto your eReader then boom! You have an ARC. You won't always get approval and that's okay. There will always be other books you can request.

I first started using NetGalley then Edelweiss. NetGalley is a lot easier to navigate through where Edelweiss is a bit more tricky. I had to look off a tutorial, so if you ever need one, I have found one for you. If you try these two sites out, I wish you luck! :D

4. le Social Media!  
When first starting your blog social media is your best friend, but you want to use it correctly. Do not go around tweeting random people and telling them to read your blog. No, that's a horrible idea. Instead you want to follow blog you like reading and start to build up followers and follows for other bloggers. Also, make friends! Talk to other bloggers, making friends is such a great thing when it comes to blogging. You want to tweet out your posts as well and tag the authors in your reviews (ONLY when it's a positive review with 4 stars or more.) Social media is a great way to make friends, find new bloggers, and gain and audience!



So that's all i'm going to say today! There will be more tips coming and if you have any questions leave them in the comments or tweet me and I will try my best to answer them.

---

Since this is kind of like a blogoversary post, I will insert my blogoversary giveaway here again. If you want to see why I started book blogging and my journey with blogging, click here!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top