Mid-Month Reading Update: May

Welcome to the last half of May! Man...school is ending next month. Fortunately, I have about 2 more weeks left then I am home freeeee. ...


Welcome to the last half of May! Man...school is ending next month. Fortunately, I have about 2 more weeks left then I am home freeeee. Hopefully I will be able to get out of school, alive.

---

The Program 

Author: Suzanne Young
Pages: 405
Published by: Simon Pulse
Published on: April 30th 2013 
In Sloane’s world, true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program. Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories. Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them. 

---

What I Have Finished So Far...

  • City Love
  • The Summer of Chasing Mermaids
  • I Was Here
  • Exile
  • Mila 2.0
  • Mind Games
  • The Revenge Playbook
  • From a Distant Star
  • Undertow
  • Nil Unlocked
  • The Program (<- Currently Reading!)
If this was a normal month, I would have been okay with only reading 4 books. But it isn't a normal month. I actually really wanted to finish the Program today but I'm only starting it. It's pretty good but I am very behind on my Bout of Book schedule right now. Hopefully a miracle will happen and I finish The Revenge Playbook by Sunday... Also, the Crush Your TBR read a thon started today! If you would like to join, find them on twitter. :D

---

Blog Update?

*sighs* I know, I haven't post a review in awhile. I'm sorry. I have about 4 books I could review within this month but I haven't found the time and dates to draft and post them. It's just, I haven't found the motivation to write them and lately, I have been having the thought that my reviews were horrible. I know, I shouldn't compare them to other people's reviews but reviews are for recommendations and tell someone whether this product (in this case book) is worthy or not. I feel as though I just vent my feelings on the book and go around in circle with my explanations. I'm just not very satisfied with them. Hopefully I can get some reviews drafted this weekend and posts will be going up as planned. :)

---

Things Going on in the Book World

Well, it's been an exciting few months for fans of the Mortal Instruments! They have been dropping casting announcements and guys, I'm super excited. The movie blew, but honestly, I liked the cast. This cast seems great as well! Magnus, my favorite character, was just announced and I'm super excited to see the actual thing. Hopefully it doesn't blow!

So tell me: How has your month been going?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top