Event Recap: Stacey Lee's Saturday Book Launch

I attended Stacey Lee's launch event for her debut book Under a Painted Sky! I got there about 10 minutes before it started (that'...

I attended Stacey Lee's launch event for her debut book Under a Painted Sky! I got there about 10 minutes before it started (that's a first for me). Let me say this, everyone knew everyone. People were walking in and saying hi to other people that were here. I guess I can say everyone who attended knew everyone from the area. The event started about 20 minutes after 4 and Stacey's husband introduced Bennett (I think that's how it's spelled?), Stacey's son. Bennett then introduced Stacey and she talked for some time.
Bennett opening the event!
Stacey opened the presentation by telling her more about the book and the Oregon Trail.
Stacey also told us more about herself and her parents as well. We then watched the book trailer and the girl who played Samantha in the trailer was actually sitting a round in front of me and was wearing the same dress she was wearing in the trailer. Her name is Savannah and she is a lot younger than Samantha actually is. After we watched the trailer Stacey opened up to questions. There were a lot of interesting questions and, yes, I asked one too. After that we all moved to have cake, cookies, popcorn, or drinks or into the signing line. I wasn't very far into the signing line so I wasn't waiting for too long. I got to Stacey and she recognized me! I said hi to her, we shared a hug, took a picture, and she signed my book!
Stacey signing my book!
Afterward I got some of what was left of the cake and drinks. I also talked to Stephanie, one of Stacey's friends, and got a picture with her!
Stephanie and I! (You see the cake in my hand?)
We just stayed a little longer and then left. It was a really nicely organized event and I'm so glad I went. Can't wait to see what adventures Stacey has in that mind of her's. :D

More pictures!

Stacey and I!
In this pano: Stacey, her signing line, chairs, people talking.
My signed book and fiddle bookmark!
So tell me: Have you read Under a Painted Sky?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top