Let's Talk!: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour Author: Morgan Matson Pages: 344 Published by: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers Published ...

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour

Author: Morgan Matson
Pages: 344
Published by: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published on: May 4th 2010
Amy Curry is not looking forward to her summer. Her mother decided to move across the country and now it's Amy's responsibility to get their car from California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip - and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar - especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory - but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way

---

Amy and Roger's has been sitting on my shelf for awhile so I thought it was time I got to it already. This book was honestly not bad. The road trip aspect of it and I enjoyed that. The characters seemed pretty legit and were very enjoyable to read from. If you like road trip books and the "finding yourself" books then go for this one. :)


Let's discuss! Yay! *scrambbles around for notes* Guys this book made me a mess. Like I am Kristen Stewart in Twilight umming and biting my lip right now. I don't know what to do. Don't get me wrong, this book was great but oh my goodness the feels. Let's just get into the review.

So Amy and Roger. Admit it, we all knew they were going to get together but at some point in time I thought nothing was ever going to happen between them but obviously I was wrong. I really liked Amy as a character. She wasn't annoying and I genuinely liked reading from her perspective. I guess I would have been a bit annoyed if I had to read from Amy!'s perspective but Amy was fine. Then we have Roger. Oh my gosh you don't know how awkward it would be for me if I were in Amy's position with the "having to go on a road trip with a stranger" thing. Roger seemed like a nice guy...but sort of clingy.

Oh my god don't hurt me. Yes yes, I thought he was a bit clingy. Like you have to love someone that much to be willing to drive across the country for them.Yet again I thought it was a bit creepy. OH but then he goes across the country to in the end, brake up with Hadley. Are you kidding me? I don't know, let me know how you feel. The people we met on the trip were pretty interesting, though they were mostly associated with Roger. Bronwyn (is that how you spell it?) was probably my most favorite only because she seems like a fun person to hang around. Was anyone else super excited for Amy to be visiting Charlie. Yeah, they had to break a few rules but it was a great part of the book.

The trip in general was pretty fun to read about. It was funny because when Morgan was talking about the Curry Camp place, I actually stayed in the place Morgan was describing. I was able to imagine exactly what the bear proof lockers were and the the beds looked like. Other than that, the places she mentioned were just unrecognizable to me...now I want to take a road trip across the country!

Did anyone think the accident was pretty sad? The fact that Amy kept thinking her dad's death was her fault was already pretty sad but her dad dying was sadder. I always hate it when people die because of drunk driving. It's sick. Someone died because someone else was so selfish. Whether they were to embarrassed to ask for a ride or just pure stupidity. If you're going to drive, make sure you can actually know basic traffic rules. Rant over.

Okay now we have the ending. First can I say HOLY CRAP AMY AND ROGER. They just went for it. There was no first date or "taking it slow" uhh no they just went straight into it. I'm not sure how I feel about the "straight into it" part. I thought it was a bit rushed but at that point I feel like both Amy and Roger weren't looking for something so serious. They were more the kind of people that just went with it.

I liked the ending. It wasn't so dramatic but it wasn't boring. Honestly, I kind of wanted to read about Amy's mom getting mad at Amy now that she was home but other than that I thought the ending was sweet. Amy and Roger were ready to face what would come for their relationship and it was a sweet ending, really.

>

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top